|See No Evil, Hear No Evil, Speak No Evil|
|Season 1, Episode 9|
|Air date||November 18, 1996|
|Written by||Catherine LePard|
|Directed by||Harry Harris|
What Will People Say?
The Last Call for Aunt Julie
After being carjacked, Matt refuses to leave the house while Annie resumes her daily routine feeling unusually calm. Lucy worries that running against Jimmy Moon for class president could affect their relationship. Mary thinks about getting a tattoo against her parents' permission. Meanwhile, Simon gets the chicken pox.
- After visiting with Annie for a while, Patricia Hamilton says that she has to get back to her kids, because there's always trouble when "the big kids are left with the younger ones." However, since it's in the middle of the school day, and all the Camden kids are in school, why would the Hamilton kids be at home?
- In the first scene, Simon asked Ruthie to hold her breath while he grabbed something from the room. When she finally agreed, she stood up and faced Simon's back while the camera focused on him (and she was out of the shot). When we see Ruthie at the table again, she was sitting down, took a breath, and then stood up.
- Matt: I don't know what's wrong with me. I just can't pull it together.
- Eric: Matt....last night, a man held a gun to your head and threatened your life. Now it would be nearly impossible for anyone to just pull it together.
- Simon: (to Annie) Weeks ago I said Ruthie shouldn't move in with me, but did anybody listen? No, and what happens when nobody listens? (pulls up his shirt to reveal chicken pox) Someone gets hurt!
- Matt: I couldn't move. I couldn't breathe. I couldn't even think.
- Eric: Those are all normal feelings and reactions.
- Matt: Not for Mom. She's been so calm about everything, and I just sat there while that piece of junk took all our stuff.
- Eric: What do you think you should have done?
- Matt: I don't know....something. Anything but just sitting there and letting some guy rip off Mom's wedding ring.
- Eric: You can't blame yourself. Whatever you did, it was perfect. It was perfect because it got you and Mom home safely. And it was just a ring. It wasn't our marriage.
- Simon: Mom was scared?
- Matt: Yeah, Simon, she was.
- Simon: I didn't think Mom or Dad ever got scared.
- Matt: Well, you were wrong, because she was scared. We both were.
- Annie: I just keep thinking about what would have happened if just one thing had been different....if a gust of wind had suddenly kicked up, or a leaf had fallen on his shoulder, that man could have killed my son.
- Eric: You can't think about what could have been, you have to think about what is. You're okay, and Matt's okay, and God was watching out for you both that night, and you have to have faith that He always will.
- Annie: I know. You're right. I know you're right. I just don't know how to stop being afraid.